Guys. I know that sometimes eating salad everyday can seem like a real pain in the a$$, but I may have solved your problem…
After indulging slightly too much over the holiday weekend (and frankly, continuing to do so because ice cream), I decided I needed to show my body a little love. Inspired by this recipe, I created a salad that is absolutely stuffed with good-for-you, fresh ingredients and a perfectly summery, citrus dressing. Plus, this makes a huge batch so you can keep it for leftovers and make eating healthy even easier throughout the week.
Superfood Broccoli Slaw
for the dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons mustard (i used dijon)
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp. honey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
for the slaw:
1 head of broccoli, stems trimmed
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup slivered almonds or sunflower seeds
1/4 cup parmesan or asiago cheese (for serving)
1 cup torn kale (for serving)
1. In a pan over medium heat, toast the slivered almonds for about 5 minutes or until fragrant.
2. While the almonds are toasting, cut the broccoli into manageable pieces to place in a food processor. Pulse once or twice until pieces are broken down, but not pulverized. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a measuring cup, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until combined.
4. Pour the dressing over the broccoli. Add the toasted almonds and quinoa and toss to coat.
5. To store, cover slaw and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. To serve immediately, toss 1 cup of the slow with 1 cup of torn kale. Top with parmesan cheese. Bon appetit!
Be back soon! Have a great weekend 🙂 xo Jord