Ohhhhh I’ve got a GOOD one for you today, guys!!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been doing a lot of baking and a LOT of snacking around here. Both are therapeutic, so I’m running with it. 💁🏻
I’ll keep this short + sweet – this bread is:
✔️ packed with protein, fiber and hidden veggies
✔️ gluten free (with vegan customizable option)
✔️ super moist and decadent but not overly sweet
✔️ boyfriend-approved (which is saying a LOT since mine avoids these *hidden veggie* healthier treats at all costs😂
And if you’ve never baked with Cassava Flour, let me tell you it is my FAVORITE. I’m positive you could swap in regular flour too, though (white or whole wheat). Since I know it’s not as easy to shop for ingredients at the moment, I’ll leave you with lots of different options to suit what’s in your pantry & fridge!
Cassava Flour Chocolate Protein Zucchini Bread
1 1/2 cups cassava flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 scoops any chocolate protein (I used this one)
1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
1 egg (or flax egg with 1 tbsp ground flaxseed and 3 tbsp water, let sit for 5 min)
1/2 cup date nectar (or honey or maple syrup)
2 tbsp avocado oil (or melted coconut oil)
1/2 cup greek or regular yogurt (or mashed banana or applesauce)
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, packed into the measuring cup
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used these)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan well (or line with parchment paper).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder & soda, protein powder and cinnamon if using.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, date nectar or sweetener, oil, and yogurt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well. Add in the zucchini and chocolate chips and fold in completely.
- Pour into the loaf pan in an even layer and bake for 40-60 minutes until a toothpick or knife comes out clean from the middle. Mine was fully baked after 50 minutes.
- Let cool for a *full* 30 minutes before slicing! Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days…if it lasts that long😉
Hope you’re all staying well and making/eating all the things that make you happy!