I don’t think I’ve more excited for anything since I moved to Los Angeles to dance 7.5 years ago, you guys…
I am now…*drumroll please*…a BUSINESS OWNER!!!
Yep, I am no longer at my full time corporate job, I am now a SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT at my own company called DFD Creative 😃
I’ve shared more about why I’m making this transition in my latest YouTube video (below), but essentially I just want to build a life I truly love, and that means being an entrepreneur. My goal is to help small businesses, particularly those that are women owned and run, increase their social footprint and hone their voice on social platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
I’ve actually been consulting for over a year now as a side hustle, so I’m super pumped to make this my main focus. You can read more about DFD Creative over on my “contact” page, but essentially I’m like a one-stop shop for social needs like content creation, product photography, copywriting, community management, data analysis, influencer outreach, and paid social.
If that sounds like something you or someone you know might need, please feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org – I would love to talk all things social with you 🙂
Thank you so, so much for all of your support on here. I most definitely would not have the confidence or knowledge to take this leap in my career without this blog and this community!
We’re are TOASTIN’ to Friday over here, my friends!
This week was…interesting to say the least, but very eventful in some of the best ways possible! I went to the Tone It Up Love Your Body Series launch event on Tuesday (yes, Karena and Katrina are two of the most beautiful and kind women on the planet!!), had some friends over for dinner (nothing beats ending the day in good company), and made some MAJOR life moves.
I have something super exciting coming for your guys on Monday, but in the meantime, I’ll just get back to sharing my Friday Finds since it’s been awhile! 🙂
5 Ways to Be Healthier Without Trying Too Hard – Because no one actually wants to try THAT hard, let’s be real.
Arm Song Workout – I love ALL of Nicole’s workout videos so much. This one is super short/not intimidating at all, so it’s nice for days you feel lazy or just need a little extra boost to your workout!
Winter Crunch Salad – Might even be able to get my boyfriend to eat this one…
More Single Women Own Homes More Than Single Men – WHO RUN THE WORLD.
The 24 Items From Trader Joe’s Our Office Swears By – Why am I so fascinated by what everyone else buys for groceries?
Meal Prep: A Week of Winter Meals in 2 Hours – I promise myself I will get back into meal prepping this year! I swear it saves money and soooo much time in the long run.
Why Monthly Resolutions Could *Finally* Help You Reach Your Goals – I love this!!! I stopped making real resolutions years ago. Monthly goals and intentions are where it’s at!
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back on Monday for some exciting news!! Enjoy your weekend 🙂
Oh man you guys, I wish you could’ve been in my kitchen to smell this one. It was heavenly!
I felt like making something this past weekend when it was chilly (by LA standards) and rainy. We barely have any groceries, but I did have granola supplies!
I love making granola because you can customize the flavors completely and control exactly what’s in it! I’m also pretty sure it’s cheaper to make it then buy it, depending where you’re shopping!
This recipe is easy and tasty, smells delicious and is SO good on plain yogurt. If you don’t have this exact Ancient Nutrition S’mores Protein, I’d say use regular chocolate protein powder and then just throw some marshmallows in once the granola is completely cooled!
S’mores Protein Granola
3 cups rolled oats
1 scoop Ancient Nutrition S’mores Bone Broth Protein
1/2 cup walnuts, almonds or cashews
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup melted coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
sea salt and for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the oats, protein powder, nuts, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir to combine completely. Spread the oat mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stopping halfway through to stir.
4. After the 45 minutes, turn the oven off, take the baking sheet out, add in the chocolate chips, and stir one more time. Pop in the oven for 5-10 more minutes (so the chocolate melts a little and clings to the oats!) and then remove.
5. Let cool completely (at least one hour), then store in an airtight container. Enjoy in a bowl with almond milk, over yogurt, in smoothies, or by the handful!
Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!
I know I’m a few days late, but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Man, am I ready for 2019 you guys. I took a much needed 2-week break (from life, work, all the things) and while I feel a liiiittle bit behind getting back into things, I feel SO motivated and well-rested.
After spending a week at home in New York, my entire family and boyfriend went to the Bahamas to ring in the new year in Baha Mar! If you’ve never been there, it’s basically three gorgeous hotels rolled into one big resort property with a casino, convention center, pools, beaches, and more. I knew I would have fun going into it, but this place beyondddd exceeded my expectations! We had such a blast and I miss it already!
I won’t blab too much, but here’s a collection of photos I took while we were there! We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar and spent the majority of our time on the property eating their delicious food, soaking up the sun, exploring the grounds and relaxing. They also had an incredible gym that overlooked the property and even had some machines outside. Let me tell ya, those views alone were motivating😍
We were able to watch fireworks on NYE from my parents’ balcony, which was probably the most epic fireworks show I’ve ever seen in my life. They also have a sanctuary with sharks, manta rays and sea turtles, an area where flamingos live, and all the food trucks are actually air streams – it’s SO cool. You can even blend your own daquiri by peddling a bike, but I forgot to take a photo! Here are a bunch of photos I DID take, though…
Have you ever been to Baha Mar? If you haven’t, I highly recommend it!!! I wish we could’ve stayed an extra day, but maybe I’ll just have to go back😊
How on earth is 2019 right around the corner?!
I mean honestly this year FLEW by. Every single month of it! And I have a feeling next year will, too🙈 In true blogger fashion, I’m rounding out 2018 with a round up of my most popular posts! These are posts that resulted in the highest number of traffic to my blog this year, even though some of them are from previous years (like the energy bites I made in early 2017!).
I always find these interesting just for myself and content creating purposes, but hopefully you’ll find something in here that intrigues you, too!
1. My First Time Trying a Meal Delivery Service – I tried Territory Foods this summer and it was SO delicious!!
2. DFD Babe Feature: Staness of Eat Like a Woman – An interview I did for my DFD Babe Feature series – on it, I interview female entrepreneurs that are killing it and Staness is someone I truly look up to!
3. Spinach and Egg White Goat Cheese Frittata – A recipe I created in collaboration with AllWhites Egg Whites!
4. Easy Air-Fried Tofu and Shirataki Peanut Noodles for One – Guys I finally found a way I like tofu this year and it’s when it’s made in the air fryer. Total game changer.
5. The Smoothie I’ve Had (Almost) Every Day in 2018 + 5 Favorite Smoothie Add-Ins – Green smoothies dominated my breakfasts this year. They never get old and make me feel better, even if I don’t get veggies in during lunch or dinner!
6. Why and How I Choose Sustainable Nutrition – I made a conscious effort to move to a more sustainable lifestyle this year and I hope to be even better about it in 2019.
7. Babes on a Budget: 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Raisin Energy Bites – Cheap, healthy recipes will always be my bread and butter! I think making any kind of energy bite/bar at home is not only cost effective, but better for you ’cause you can control exactly what’s in them.
8. January Favorites: Food, Wellness, Fitness and Beauty – Favorites posts are some of my favorites (pun not intended!). I’ll be sure to continue these into the new year, even though I’ve been slacking towards the end of this year😬
9. DFD Babe Feature: Maria of the Dandy Bee Co. – I’m so thankful I connected with Maria this year! Her interview talks about how she started her own clean beauty company after becoming a mom.
10. Pumpkin Protein Muffins – I will definitely be making this recipe well into 2019, I don’t care what you pumpkin-haters say!
And there ya have it!! I hope you all have an absolutely incredible New Year’s – I have a feeling 2019 is going to be absolutely EPIC!!!!! Thank you so much for sticking with me this year. I appreciate each and every one of you so much!
One thing I realized I want to talk much more about on here is fitness!
Starting in January of last year, I finally branched out of my usual “cardio bunny” routines and decided to try different workout studios around Los Angeles. It’s funny, I always thought I hated group workout classes (except dance, of course) and then I realized that I actually LOVE them, I just need to find the right ones!
A class I started taking a few months ago that I have absolutely fallen in love with is Bünda! It’s just about the cutest studio in LA EVER (their logo is literally a butt, I’m obsessed) and pretty much everything is pink. More importantly though, it offers a booty-kicking workout (obviously) that doesn’t feel like torture, kind of flies by, and actually delivers results.
It’s essentially broken up into three sections that each consist of time on the Stairmaster (with different variations so it’s not boring) and fine toning exercises on the floor with dumbbells, booty bands, sliders and bodyweight. There’s an Arms & Abs class in addition to Legs & Butt, but half the class is a lower body workout.
While that might sound unappealing to someone looking for a 6-pack or a slimmer waistline, lower body training actually changes your WHOLE body, and that’s the science Bünda is based on. The reason lower body exercises can change your whole body is because the lower body holds the most amount of muscle in our bodies.
So by focusing on your legs and glutes, the body generates more heat, allowing you to burn more calories. And by “muscle mass,” it’s not so much bulk as it just the musculature of the human body! I think so many women get freaked out that they’ll get “bulky” if they train an area too much or use weights…I know I was that way for awhile!
Anyway, if you truly want to see a change in your upper body or abs, training your lower body frequently WILL get you there. The owner of Bünda told me that the first change people notice when coming to Bunda is a smaller waistline, which I 100% believe after taking a handful of classes there!
Some other things I love about Bünda are that the music is FIRE, the teachers are kind and helpful, and it’s not competitive whatsoever (I am nooooot a competitive person, so this is HUGE for me when it comes to workout classes!). You can adjust your weight or level on the Stairmaster as needed.
So! If you’re in the LA area, I definitely recommend heading to Bünda in West Hollywood for a class!! And if you’re not, bumping up the amount of lower body workouts you’re doing is such a great way to build lean muscle, boost your metabolism and burn fat (yep, even when if you’re not exercising the rest of the day!). You can always do intervals on the stairmaster, machines at your local gym, fine toning with booty bands or dumbbell exercises!! We’ll be gettin’ that 🍑 in no time!
Slightly sweet and spiced baked donuts perfect for Christmas morning!
Listen, I know some of you might be done with pumpkin, but I for sure didn’t get my fix in the fall!
Besides, adding pumpkin to baked goods is really just a great way to add moisture and fiber without adding sugar or fat, since there’s enough of that in here, already😅 This recipe is hands down one of my favorites from the year and after getting an A+ from 6 other people who tried it, I’m feeling confident enough to share it with you all!
It’s not “healthy” so if you’re looking for that you can feel free to click away, but it is made with some more wholesome ingredients than other donuts and can be customized to your preferences! Keep scrolling for the recipe – it would make such a great breakfast for Christmas morning!!
Pumpkin Gingerbread Donuts
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/3 cup melted Fourth & Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee (or regular ghee!)
scant 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener (or brown sugar, coconut sugar, white sugar, etc.)
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup molasses
3 tbsp almond milk
coconut butter, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a donut pan with coconut oil spray (or whatever you prefer!).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including the flour, salt, baking powder and spices.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the wet ingredients including the pumpkin, ghee, sugar (whichever kind you’re using!), egg, molasses and almond milk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold just until completely combined. Be sure not to overmix!
5. Spoon the dough into the donut pan, filling each mold almost to the top (these don’t rise too much). Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until firm, but still soft!
6. While the donuts are cooling, melt coconut butter in 15 second increments. Drizzle or coat the donuts, then dig in!
Hope you’re all having a great last week before holiday vacations!!!
Okay it has been a MINUTE since our last Friday Finds, huh?!
Life just took over, guys. I’ve also been feeling slightly uninspired, and I think that’s probably just because I’m in that home stretch to my holiday vacation. It’s interesting how much easier it is for me to be open on here than it is on Instagram where I feel like it’s important for me to be positive at all times. Granted, I don’t want to be a bummer, just wanted to be real with you!
In any case, I’ve still been reading my favorite blogs and media sites because that’s what keeps me sane sometimes! It’s literally the part of my morning routine I can’t give up, no matter how busy I am. Here are some of my faves from the past few weeks!
Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta with Tahini Sauce – Okay well this sounds absolutely DELIGHTFUL for this time of year, wow.
10 Minimalist Holiday Decor Ideas You Can Do in a Flash – Since spending a fortune on decor I don’t even have room for the other 11 months of the year doesn’t sound very reasonable😅
I Tried Starbucks’ New Juniper Latté and it Surprised Me – Have you tried it yet?! I’m intrigued…
What to Do When You Feel a Cold Coming On – aka me, about half of the entire winter season🤣
Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas – I LOVE these for hostess gifts for holiday parties, secret Santa exchanges, stocking stuffers, etc.!
6 Pushup Tweaks to Target Different Muscle Groups – Who knew a move could be so versatile?! Honestly I have such a love/hate relationship with pushups.
Hope you have a great weekend, y’all!! Let me know in the comments if you’re doing anything festive – I plan on watching at least 3 more cheesy Netflix Christmas movies.
I’m back today with quite possibly the easiest, tastiest chocolate recipe ever! I made this a few weeks ago and put the recipe on Instagram, but I wanted to share it here, as well😊
This recipe combines 6 ingredients to form insanely delicious discs of chocolate that are actually satisfying because of the protein, so the portion control is kind of built right in! I also used silicone baking cups, which I SWEAR by you guys, but you could also totally just use regular muffin cups, Dixie cups, or just make it in one big rectangle and crack into it to make a bark!
Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Fudge
1/8 cup coconut oil
1/8 cup + 1 tbsp coconut butter (or more coconut oil!)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup creamy almond butter <– use code ‘dancingfordonuts’ for 15% off!
1/4 cup chocolate protein powder (I used Tone It Up!)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the coconut oil and coconut butter.
2. Add the cocoa powder and stir well before adding the creamy nut butter, protein powder and maple syrup.
3. Once completely combined, spoon into silicone baking cups (I did about 1 tbsp each). Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before eating (or freeze for 15) and store in the refrigerator for up to a week!
Sorry for such a short post today!! Things have been busy over here with the holiday season, but I appreciate you sticking with me. Have a great rest of your week!!