Guys, I gave in…
I broke out the pumpkin. This might be my first autumn on the blog, but to say that I’ve been obsessed with fall baking for years is an understatement. I know it’s still hot as anything in LA, but I waited until September was half over, okay? I still haven’t gotten any pumpkin spice coffee so there (:
Today I’m bringing you a health-ified version of pumpkin bread. It’s not too sweet, tastes exactly like everything you want in the fall, and is crazy moist. There’s also a bit of protein in here from the eggs and greek yogurt, so this totally justifies as a pre or post workout snack!
Cinnamon Pumpkin Banana Bread
(inspired by this recipe)
1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat will do)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon + more for sprinkling on top
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 large, ripe banana
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and spray a loaf pan with PAM or coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add the 2 eggs and beat. Add in the pumpkin, honey and sugar and mix well.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and use a knife or spatula to even out the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan. Dig in!
Let the fall baking frenzy commence!