Ahh, the start of a new week. It’s only noon on a Monday and I’ve already dropped a container of oats on my laptop (completely screwing up my keyboard) and vacuumed up my entire phone charger (ruined that, too). But you know, it’s okay. Because I made these today and they were really, really good.
Prior to the technology fiasco that ensued earlier, I did whip up a batch of toasted, unsweetened coconut. I don’t know if you’ve ever done that before (325 degrees F for ~10 minutes on a baking sheet) but if not, I highly recommend it.
I’d say that the toasted coconut and peanut butter combination are what makes these little bites a winner in my book. You can really add whatever you want (or remove it) to this recipe as long as you keep the honey/nut butter base. Another good tip: wet your hands before molding them, it helps a looooot.
(Adapted from Cooking Classy)
1/2 cup of peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 honey or agave
1tsp vanilla extract
1 cup oats
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries (or any small dried fruit)
3/4 cup of toasted coconut
1. Combine the peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
3. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes.
4. Dampen hands and mold bites as large or small as you’d like (mine are about 1/2in).
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy! 🙂