Happy December!! It is officially holiday baking season and I am HERE for it. Bring on the cookies👏🏼
I’ll keep it short and snappy today (get it, snappy? For the gingerbread men?😅) and just tell you that these cookies are the perfect amount of crunchy and sweet without being overpowered by spice! I think they would be absolutely delicious dipped in coffee or hot cocoa, although I admittedly ate them all too quickly to try that😂
If you’re like me and my family and also make eight thousand Christmas cookies, these would be a wonderful addition to your plate, or even holiday gift for a teacher/neighbor/hostess!
Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
1 1/2 cups almond flour
3/4 tapioca flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 packets Pranayums (or 1 tsp allspice)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup
3 tbsp blackstrap molasses
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, spices and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, syrup, molasses and vanilla and stir well to combine – I used my hands for this step!
- Form the dough into one ball and then press it down into a flat circle about 1/4 inch thick in between two sheets of parchment (or cover with a towel) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment (or use the top layer from the dough in the fridge to conserve!).
- Cut the dough into gingerbread men and place on the cookie sheet about 1 inch from one another. Continue to re-roll out dough and refrigerate as needed to cut more cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container with a piece of bread to prevent them from getting soggy. Frost before serving!
This recipe is inspired by My Natural Family.
Hope you have the BEST month and make the most of 2019 while it’s still here!