Humpday calls for baking, am I right?!
Today’s recipe is a bit different than usual – I’m adding in CBD Oil🙈
Truth be told, I always felt weird trying CBD products. I don’t smoke, I never have, and the idea of it just seemed strange to me, even though I’d heard such amazing things about it in the wellness world. A friend actually recently told me I should try using CBD oil to ease some pretty severe back pain I’ve been experiencing, too.
I haven’t actually been using it regularly so I can’t attest to its ability to ease that pain, but I can tell you that the easiest way to get me to ingest something is to put it in a dessert😂 And, as you know, I’m not actually following a paleo diet, but after doing my bone broth cleanse last week with Osso Good Bones, I’m definitely trying to eat a bit more grain-free.
Oh, and p.s. my YouTube video on what I ate in a day while I was on the cleanse + my review of it is now live!
Paleo CBD Thin Mints
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp vanilla bean ghee (or regular/plain!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dairy free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life!)
scant 1 tsp peppermint extract
4 full droppers of Charlotte’s Web Mint Chocolate CBD Oil (feel free to omit!)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (definitely do not try this without parchment paper since the cookies might stick!).
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt. Then add in the egg, ghee, and vanilla. Mix well – it may take a few minutes for the dough to come together but then it’ll be very wet!
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter (also don’t skip this part!), place the dough on the parchment, and then add more parchment on top so the dough is in the middle. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out as thinly as possible, to around 1/8 inch. Use a circular cookie cutter or the rim of a glass to make circles and carefully transfer them to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 28 minutes and let cool completely before making the chocolate mixture. Then, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave bowl in 30 second increments until completely melted. Add in the CBD oil if using and peppermint extract.
- Using a spoon, drizzle and smooth the chocolate over the top of each cookie and place back on the parchment to dry. Once the tops are all coated and dry, repeat on the bottom (I used less on the bottom than on the top, so just a thin layer will do!).
- Let cool completely before removing from parchment and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days. Or just dig in😉
Alright y’all, that is it for today! Let me know in the comments if you guys have ever used CBD oil before – I’m so curious to see if it’s truly worked for you!