A new week calls for a new recipe!
This is one I know you’ll love because my boyfriend told me it was a winner😏 I made these Pumpkin Protein Muffins last week because my desire to bake on the daily is in FULL force. I figure, okay so my metabolism and activity level is far lower than they used to be, but I also love food… SO! The resolutions to this are a) exercise better portion control and b) bake things that are better for me. Luckily these muffins don’t taste healthy in the least, though!
Some ways I like to make my treats a touch healthier include using less oil/butter (and subbing in pumpkin/banana instead), using healthier sugar alternatives or less of them altogether (ie. maple syrup, stevia, monk fruit, banana), and adding in some protein for staying power. This recipe does all three!
I actually subbed out part of the flour in this recipe with my Eat Like a Woman Very Vanilla Shake, which is one of my favorite protein powders!! This line was developed with women’s bodies in mind (since our bodies process food and nutrients SO differently!), so this powder has probiotics, plant-based protein (which we absorb more easily), 22 vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and omega 3’s. I promise you I’m not getting paid to post about this, I just truly love it!
With this protein powder, vitamin & fiber rich pumpkin, protein packed greek yogurt and almond flour, and only 2 tablespoons of sweetener, you’ll feel good about snacking on these for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert😊
Pumpkin Protein Muffins
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I used 2% fat)
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup ELAW Very Vanilla Life Stage Shake (or your favorite protein powder!)
1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1-2 pinches of sea salt
cacao nibs (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the wet ingredients including the pumpkin, egg, greek yogurt, maple syrup and banana.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the dry ingredients including the flours, protein powder, spices, sea salt and baking powder.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold until completely combined. Do not overmix 🙂
5. Using a spoon, fill silicone muffin liners (these are my favorite!) or a greased muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. Top each muffin with cacao nibs if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days!
That’s it for today, loves! Thank you so much for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful week!