If I told you this entire loaf was gone in less than 48 hours, would you believe me?
Because it barely even made it that long😂
I won’t bore you with an intro, ain’t nobody got time for that, but I will tell you that this recipe is:
- made entirely in one bowl
- has only 1/4 cup of sugar (from the maple syrup) minus the chocolate chips, which are optional anyway
- fantastic when paired with almond or peanut butter
- the perfect amount of moist – won’t crumble but isn’t “wet” either (sometimes that can happen with paleo breads)
- packed with protein
- can probably be made vegan if you use flax eggs instead of regular ones!
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
3/4 cup grated zucchini
1/4 cup hazelnut flour
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a loaf pan with a thin layer of coconut oil.
- Shred the zucchini in either a food processor or by hand with a grater. Place on two-three paper towels to help soak up some of the excess water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the other ingredients (the eggs, vanilla, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder, both flours, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda).
- Add in the zucchini and chocolate chips if using, and stir to combine well.
- Pour into a loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth out the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
That’s all for today, folks! Let me know if you make this recipe – I’m gearing up to make it a second time in one week😋