Slightly sweet and spiced baked donuts perfect for Christmas morning!
Listen, I know some of you might be done with pumpkin, but I for sure didn’t get my fix in the fall!
Besides, adding pumpkin to baked goods is really just a great way to add moisture and fiber without adding sugar or fat, since there’s enough of that in here, already😅 This recipe is hands down one of my favorites from the year and after getting an A+ from 6 other people who tried it, I’m feeling confident enough to share it with you all!
It’s not “healthy” so if you’re looking for that you can feel free to click away, but it is made with some more wholesome ingredients than other donuts and can be customized to your preferences! Keep scrolling for the recipe – it would make such a great breakfast for Christmas morning!!
Pumpkin Gingerbread Donuts
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/3 cup melted Fourth & Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee (or regular ghee!)
scant 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener (or brown sugar, coconut sugar, white sugar, etc.)
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup molasses
3 tbsp almond milk
coconut butter, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a donut pan with coconut oil spray (or whatever you prefer!).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including the flour, salt, baking powder and spices.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the wet ingredients including the pumpkin, ghee, sugar (whichever kind you’re using!), egg, molasses and almond milk.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold just until completely combined. Be sure not to overmix!
5. Spoon the dough into the donut pan, filling each mold almost to the top (these don’t rise too much). Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until firm, but still soft!
6. While the donuts are cooling, melt coconut butter in 15 second increments. Drizzle or coat the donuts, then dig in!
Hope you’re all having a great last week before holiday vacations!!!