I’m going to share something with you and if you know me at all in person, it probably won’t come as much of a surprise…
But I literally eat dessert every single night. If we’re being honest here, I probably eat dessert multiple times a day, but most days I try to limit it to once😅
I used to bake a lot, like a whooole lot, and since I’m no longer an athlete for my day job, I’ve had to cut back a bit. That being said, I’ve found some other ways to make treats for myself without going HAM on a loaf of banana bread or eating 6 cookies at once. These days, I’m trying to make desserts that are slightly less sweet (so I can work on curbing my sugar addiction…) and also don’t tempt me to eat the whole batch at once. Luckily I live with my boyfriend, which means I always have someone who can share with me😊
The good thing about the following two recipes is that 1) there’s portion control built into the first one (since you can actually make them one at a time!) and 2) the CBD truffles actually aren’t super sweet, so you’d probably want to stop after a couple, anyway. Both are delicious, insanely easy to make, and not a ton of ingredients. The first is definitely sweeter, and definitely less healthy, but so worth every calorie (we don’t count those here) and the second has a little twist with some CBD coconut oil, although you could easily swap that out with regular! For more on the benefits of CBD, head here.
And now, onto the recipes!🍫
3-Ingredient Chocolate Cookie Cups
2 cups chocolate chips (regular or vegan!)
2 tbsp 4th and Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee (or coconut oil or regular ghee!)
4 Emmy’s Organics Cookies (or your favorite soft cookie/cookie dough)
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips with the ghee in 30 second intervals until completely melted (mine took about 75 seconds!)
2. Pour a tbsp or so of melted chocolate into silicone cups and pop in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden.
3. Take your cookies and using using your hands, form into little discs that will fit into the silicone cups (I halved each Emmy’s Organics cookie and it was the perfect size). Press those into the hardened chocolate until they form a nice even layer.
4. Pour another tbsp or so of chocolate on top, put them back in the freezer for another 10, and then dig in!!
Spiced CBD Truffles
(inspired by this recipe)
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder or cacao powder (I did half and half!)
5 tbsp honey or maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup raw, shredded coconut (the unsweetened kind!)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (should take less than 30 seconds) and stir in the cocoa & cacao powders, liquid sweetener and sea salt until smooth.
2. Place the bowl in the fridge for at least an hour, or in the freezer for 20 minutes until it hardens to a ganache-like consistency.
3. While the chocolate is in the fridge, make the truffle coating by mixing the coconut and spices in a small bowl or on a plate.
4. When the chocolate has hardened, form small 1/2 inch or so balls with your hands. Then, coat in the balls in the spice, coconut & sugar mix. *This step is messy, just fyi! I’d definitely do it near a sink 🙂
5. Let harden again in the fridge until ready to eat. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For more quick & easy recipes or meal idea, be sure to follow me on Instagram!
Have a great rest of your week😊