It’s humpday y’all, and I’m here to bring you some treats! We all know this blog is about maintaining a healthy balance in life, and in order to do that, it’s important to bake with butter and sugar sometimes. Amiright?
I made a batch of these chocolate chip zucchini oatmeal cookies last night to bring to my office tomorrow for my last day. Cue the tears.
But seriously, I can’t think of a better way to say thank you to someone than baking them something delicious, and these cookies are just that: full of flavor (the cinnamon is my personal favorite), perfectly soft, and mixed with some nutrition because let’s face it, the zucchini makes us all feel a little better about shoveling one or two of these in. Put those overgrown zucchinis in your garden to good use because they won’t be there for long! Ugh, how is it already August 19th?!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies
(makes about 3 dozen)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (1 – 1 1/2 zucchini)
1 cup quick oats
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
3. Add the zucchini, oats and chocolate chips. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until evenly distributed. *If dough is too sticky, add up to 2 tablespoons flour or oats and mix.
4. Form 1 inch balls of dough and place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet (12 should fit on the sheet at once). Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
5. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy 🙂