Listen, I used to hate turmeric, too.
I still do sometimes, depending on what it’s mixed with, but let me tell you, with the right combination of flavors it can be SO good and so good for you. I wanted to bake this week, but coming off of vacation I figured I should health-ify it, so that’s where these donuts come in!
They’re vegan, low in sugar and are packed with a ton of nutrients. It’s also mostly made in a food processor, which is great for all my busy and lazy babes (or is that just me😂). You can also totally make these in a muffin tin if you don’t have a donut pan, although this one is my favorite!
Golden Milk Carrot & Banana Donuts
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour*
2 tbsp ground chia seeds
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 packs of Pranayums (or 2 tsp turmeric w/a pinch of black pepper & ginger)
1 cup baby carrots or chopped in 1in pieces
1 medium banana, ripe
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
coconut butter for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and spray a donut pain with coconut or avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients including flour, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and Pranayums/spices.
- In a food processor, add the carrots, banana (can break in half to fit in there), milk, vanilla and coconut.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine completely.
- Pour into the donut pan (I fill mine nearly to the top!) and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the donuts are slightly firm to the touch and starting to get golden.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan. If using coconut butter to frost, put a few tablespoons in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften before drizzling on the donuts with a spoon or knife. *Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Hope you have an amazing weekend!! It’s almost AUGUST already, what the heck?!