Another week, another roundup of my favorite links😏
Happy Friday, my friends! I’m so happy the weekend is here – I have my good friend Kelsey from The Mindful Chef here and we have lots of fun things planned! I’m looking forward to some super fun workout classes, good eats and hopefully some relaxing, too. Maybe I’ll make another vlog…I did get a microphone this week so I promise the sound will be muuuuch better moving forward😊
As per usj, here are some of my favorite links from around the web this week:
Healthy Lunch Recipes to Take to Work – I always say the #1 way to save money is to stop buying lunch out during the workday! Jeanine’s recipes are always so beautiful, I’m eyeing those quinoa taco bowls and hummus wraps!!
Guys. I did something. I made my first YouTube video🙊
I’m not gonna lie to you, I’m kind of afraid to post this, but I’m also kind of really proud so I want to share it with you…
I promised myself I would learn how to create and edit video in 2018, so here I am! It’s not perfect, the sound isn’t great and the transitions are off, plus I definitely need to work on my lighting and my voice, but HEY. I’ll get there😊
If I’ve hung out with you in the last few months, you probably know that I’ve become semi-addicted to YouTube videos…I’m not sure why, but I do know that I feel like I know some of the YouTubers I follow (which is ridiculous, I know…) because it is SO much easier to get to know someone via video rather than writing or photos. Do you know what I mean? Like if you can hear someone’s voice and picture them, you can just get a sense of their personality much better. So it was this idea, coupled with the fact that I want to be able to offer video services to my social media clients, that I decided to start vlogging. I had the MOST fun time making this and I honestly can’t wait to make more.
That being said, please oh please give me feedback, even if it’s a little negative (I have thick skin)! I want to get better, to make better content for YOU so if there’s something you’d want to see more or less of, or if you think this is a silly idea altogether, feel free to let me know. I appreciate your honesty! And if you want to see more, just hit the subscribe button on the bottom right under the video once you’re on YouTube’s actual website😊
MAN this week was a long one! I’m super looking forward to having some me-time this weekend…anyone else?! I’ve been seeing people taking baths with those gorgeous and colorful Lush bath bombs a lot lately, which may be good motivation to clean my tub and then hop in there! I’ve never tried using one, but they seem glorious.
I don’t know why, but this week not only felt long, but kind of hard to get through, and not even because work has been overly stressful or anything. I think after the holidays I have a bit of a slump, just because the excitement of Christmas is obviously gone and there’s not much on the horizon. I kid you not, I literally looked up last-minute tickets for a Hawaii getaway at the end of the month randomly during my lunch on Tuesday…who knows if I’ll actually pull the trigger but it sounded SO lovely in the moment!
Anyway, back to the usj! Here’s what I’ve been reading this week:
How to Get Healthy on a Budget – Allllll about these tips. And that discount activewear business is REAL. I was just talking to my mom about this yesterday but there is NO need to spend $100 on great workout pants anymore. Save your money for something else!
Pistachio Coconut Oatmeal – I’ve been having so many smoothies that leave me utterly freezing after I down them, so I’m thinking of adding warm oats to the rotation! These flavors sound incredible, which is no surprise since literally everything Jessica makes is unreal!
How’s everyone’s week going? Does it feel like it should be Friday to anyone else? I think I got used to short weeks over the holidays that it just feels like we should continue to have those😂 I’ve actually been using my workouts as something to look forward to throughout the week since I just signed up for ClassPass (yaaaasssss!!!!) and have been trying some new studios. I’m ordinarily someone who is way too timid to try classes alone, but I’ve tried 2 new ones in the past week and I’m honestly really proud of myself. I’m hoping to try at least one more this weekend. If you’re in the LA area, please let me know which classes you love and maybe we can take one together!!
I also intersperse my classes with home workouts since we are so lucky to have a fitness room in our new apartment building. It’s not huge, but it has a treadmill, elliptical and a bunch of weights, pluuuuus there’s cable so I get to watch HGTV…THE. BEST. That alone is worth working out!! And I got a few pieces of new workout equipment for Christmas (booty bands and ab sliders!) so I’ve been using those, too. Y’all know I loooove my workout videos on YouTube, so I’ve just been trying some new stuff. Let me know if you want links and I’ll get those up really soon!
Here’s what the past week looked like for me in terms of workouts – I’m getting back into a groove and it feels pretty good, but I definitely haven’t pushed myself too hard. I used to work out 6-7 days when I was a dancer, but I’m pretty happy with 5 days of real workouts and walks other days! You’ll see what I mean😊
Wednesday:40 minute walk at lunch, PopFit Dance Cardio Class at Shine Studio(50 minutes)
If you guys are in the South Bay area, I highly recommend Shine! They have such an awesome variety of classes at a really great price point and I’m obsessed with the teachers. Come take class with me – you can actually get 10% off a class pack with the code DANCINGFORDONUTS10😊
Thursday:30 minute walk at lunch, 10 minutesglute activation with resistance bands, 30 minutes elliptical/gazelle thing-y (resistance at 5)
I recently got resistance bands and have been trying to use them a little before every workout! I’ll do a post soon on some awesome exercises to do with them because they’re SO handy, inexpensive, and easy to pack for travel!
Friday:30 minute walk at lunch, 1 hour Cardio DanceHall at LA Dance Fit
I fell in LOVE with this class. I honestly probably wouldn’t recommend it to anyone without dance training, just because you might feel uncomfortable, but it was soooo much fun. They kept the room really dark and the teacher was insanely talented. It was like hip hop/twerking/club dancing and the hour flew by so fast!
Saturday:2 hour walk in Santa Monica
This is my faaaavorite kind of friend date because you get to spend time with someone you love while being active. I went shopping for a little with gift cards from Christmas and then went to try a new-to-me donut place…I know, the donut kind of cancels out the workout but hey, life’s short😉
Sunday:1 hour Bar Method class
This was my first time taking a barre class at this studio and I could not have been more pleased. Honestly that was what, 3 days ago? And I’m STILL sore, I kid you not. The teachers were super attentive and helpful, unlike some other barre classes I’ve tried, and I felt like even though I wasn’t sweating like crazy, I got an incredible workout. I used to be a cardio bunny, but I think I’m moving more towards workouts like these!
Monday: 20 minute walk at lunch, 40 minute walk on the treadmill at highest incline (15) and 3.5 speed, 5-minute ab workout
I probably could’ve given a little more effort on this day, but I honestly just didn’t feel up to it. I was super sore from class on Monday and I had to get some work done, so I opted for something easy. I listened to my audiobook while walking on the treadmill, and that felt pretty good to me!
Tuesday:20 minutes on the elliptical/gazelle thing-y (resistance at 5), 40 standing lunges (each side), 40 rock-the-boats (each side), 40 sumo squats with 10 pound dumbbell, 40 clamshells (each side), 20 laying-down side leg lifts (each side), 20 reverse crunches
This workout wasn’t exactly the hardest thing either, but it’s better than nothing! I’m trying to motivate myself to work my abs a little everyday, so I’m proud that I at least did that and some other fine-toning. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve felt kind of in a funk, just mentally, the last few days so instead of killing myself over a workout, I did this quick one and then baked a new recipe, did a face mask, and watched some YouTube videos. It is what it is!
What workouts have you been loving lately? Are you more of a class person, or a gym person?
Happy New Year, my sweet friends!! I’m a couple of days late, but getting back into the swing of things after break hasn’t been easy, as I’m sure you all know! I so badly wish I could be transported back to a week ago when I was still on vacation with my family on the east coast, but you know what? It’s okay because I’m actually looking forward to getting my sh*t together this month. I’ve just signed up for ClassPass and am super excited to start a new fitness plan, have started to work on some really exciting business opportunities, and will be finishing up decorating our apartment. Lots of good stuff in the works!!
As you probably all could’ve guessed, I’m not really one of those people that waits until January 1st to make resolutions. I tend to make them all year round, writing out my goals and plans monthly, weekly and even daily most of the time, so when I thought about how I wanted to approach 2018, I felt like writing down a list of new year’s resolutions wasn’t going to work for me. Instead, I thought I’d choose a focus word or two, something easy to remember, and truly aligned with my goals for this year. So, without further ado, here they are!😊
It took me a long time to decide if this one was too cheesy or not, but the more I thought about it, the more I knew that it was the perfect fit for this year. First of all, I want to make sure that I’m showing my love for those around me on a regular basis. I live across the country from my family and many of my friends, and don’t even get to see the ones in my city nearly enough either. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned, a little distance can’t come between a strong friendship and nothing is more important than that.
I know a little goes a long way – a letter, phone call, or even text will do if that’s all I can manage. I want to take this year to strengthen the relationships I have, and also take time to cultivate new ones. At the end of the day, it’s who you surround yourself with, and I think it’s so important to express love and gratitude for those people I’m lucky enough to have in my life. I want to lift them up, motivate them, encourage them, and make sure I’m there when they need me.
I also want to take this year to love myself. I’m not necessarily a self-conscious person, but I’m certainly not the most confident, either. Hearing “no” a gazillion times in your professional life can really take a toll on ya😅 (helloooo entertainment industry, I’m lookin’ at you). But seriously, in this era of social media, it’s pretty much the easiest thing in the world to find someone else who looks like they live a way better, more perfect life than you. So how can we not feel inadequate sometimes?
I know that these comparison traps exist, but I want to let them go in 2018. Like BAI, see ya never because if looking at it and thinking about it doesn’t bring me joy or inspire me, I want it GONE. I want to let go of self-doubt, lack of self-esteem, and the things that don’t serve me. I want to take the time to treat myself, even if it’s to something as silly as that iced latté I’ve been craving for a week, or a haircut that’ll make me feel like a million bucks. It’s not about money, but really just taking the time to do what makes me happy because that is the start of self-love. Of living a life I’m proud of, and being the best I can be so I can help others do the same.
Yep, another cheesy one (because what can I say, I love all things Pinterest and inspirational quotes). I literally could not decide between this word and the one above because this one is so freakin’ important to me, too. I’ve said this before, but about 8 years ago, I decided to move across the country to a place where I knew no one and had no job, no nothing, because what I did have was the dream of becoming a professional dancer. I had this crazy drive in me to just say f*ck it, and drop everything (in a well-thought out, very calculated manner of course😂) because I wanted to make it happen. And guess what? I did.
In the last couple of years, I’ve found myself doing so many wonderful things like meeting new people and traveling and starting a new career, which is great, don’t get me wrong, but I feel like I haven’t been doing much daydreaming lately. Does that make sense? Like I’ve been super focused on getting through the day to day and just being a girl with a life and resumé I’m proud of and honestly just watching a crap ton of YouTube videos when I have down time because I LOVE them. But I miss the dreaming part of life. The part where you have these insane ideas and imagine yourself just GOING FOR IT.
I’ve been asking myself lately, if I could do anything right now, like absolutely anything, what would it be? Would I go to Bali? Would I write a book? Would I go for a walk in my neighborhood and find a new restaurant? Who knows! But the possibilities are kind of endless. And I don’t have to stop my life or do something drastic to think this way, I just need to be present and find what fills my cup.
If I had to describe myself in one word, I’d probably say that I’m a hustler. I kid you not, I could be working a job that pays me a six figure salary and I’m 99% sure that I will still say yes to babysitting on a Saturday night because why not? I figure I get to hang out with some super cute kiddos and then get a boat load of work done once they’re asleep. I have a looooot I want to accomplish this year, and sitting on my tucas isn’t going to get me there. I want to take this year to focus on what I really want out of this life, and then go grab it by the ball$. I want to have crazy daydreams and then make them reality.
So yeah. Those are my focus words and I’m SO excited to wake up every morning and choose to love, to dream. I hope I keep doing those things well after 2018, but hey, it’s a start😊
But enough about me – what about you?! Did you make any resolutions this year or choose a focus word? I’d love to hear because chances are, I’ll be adding more to my list as time goes on!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I obviously wanted to take some time this week to just soak up as much time with my family as possible, so I did take a mini blog-break. As I sit on the train down to D.C., I’m feeling so unbelievably grateful for having the opportunity to travel home for the holidays and to work remotely. I hope you all were able to, as well!
This year has been pretty nuts in so many ways, particularly for the world (and this country) in general, but personally I experienced a ton of personal growth, adventuring, and figuring out where I want to be in life. I expanded my skillset professionally, started growing my blog, strengthened new and old friendships, moved into a new apartment with my boyfriend, and traveled to so many new places. It’s been quite the year!
I just want to thank you all so much for reading my blog, you have no idea how fulfilling it has been to create content and have this creative outlet. Reading your comments and hearing your feedback makes me so happy, and I’m honored to be able to share this bit of my life with you. With that, I wanted to take a quick moment to wrap up the year with my top 10 posts of 2017! I’m looking forward to spending even more time in the kitchen and on DFD in the upcoming year, so please let me know in the comments if there’s anything you’d like to see more or less of, or even something different entirely!
Happy Friday!!! Is anyone else counting down to Christmas?!
It’s just barely starting to feel like fall here in LA (though it’ll be 80 degrees tomorrow, so scratch that…) and I’m so beyond ready to check out, sit in front of a fire, and eat some Christmas cookies. Who’s with me?!
Before we jump into today’s finds, I just want to send my love to everyone in SoCal who’s been affected by these crazy a$$ fires that are displacing people and animals left and right. The first responders & firefighters are legitimately blowing my mind with their ability to fight these things (there were 4 at once people. That’s INSANE.) and keep us safe. If you’d like to help, here’s a good resource for finding out how, and if any of you are in the area and need anything help from me personally, PLEASE do not hesitate to reach out. I’m far enough south to be able to round up goods and bring them to you, house your dogs or cats, whatever you need!
And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming…
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and long weekend! I definitely did, but also somehow been unbelievably sick with a cold (and possibly sinus infection?) for a week now, so I had planned on blogging earlier this week and then plans got derailed! My apologies. Either way, I’m back today with another roundup of my favorite foodie finds from the month of November. And friends, it has been a good one.
GT’s Living in Gratitude Kombucha– So I know this one isn’t totally fair to post since I’m not actually sure if this flavor is available everywhere, but I felt like I needed to include it because not only was it one of my favorite drinks from this month (obviously), but for every photo of the bottle posted to social with the hashtag #LivingInGratitude, GT’s donates 10 meals to those in need via Feeding America. I think that’s super freakin’ cool guys, but also, it honestly just tastes amazing – not as sweet as apple cider, but definitely hints of that flavor, plus warm & cozy spices. SO good!
Further Food Collagen Peptides – So full disclosure, I took biotin supplements for years and still do on days I don’t have collagen, but I will tell you, this stuff is soooo much better than that. It’s amazing for your hair, skin, and nails, has anti-aging properties, AND protein. Like hello, sign. Me. UP. This company is also women owned and run, and you know how I feel about women in business – ALL about them👏👏👏 I’ve been adding this stuff to my oats, smoothies and yogurt when I don’t want to mess with the flavors by adding a chocolate or vanilla protein powder, but I know people add it to their drinks, too. If you want to try this stuff, you can get 10% off with code DANCINGFORDONUTS on their site!☺️
Wild Friends Gingerbread Peanut Butter Blend – GUYS. guys. I cannot stress enough how unbelievably EPIC this nut butter is. I literally didn’t want to have more than 2 tbsp on any given day because I was so afraid to hit the bottom of the container and that is saying a LOT. I generally go through peanut butter faster than you can say Christmas. But seriously, this stuff is winter in a jar, slightly sweet but so, so perfect. I put it on top of pancakes, yogurt, bananas, oatmeal…UGH. I actually miss it as I’m talking about it, so I think I’ll go buy another jar tomorrow…
Lantana Foods Beet Hummus (up there in pink!^) – I’m not going to lie to you, I originally bought this stuff because it was just so dang gorgeous. Like okay, I’m one of those people that thinks food tastes even better when it looks good, y’know? But the taste of this stuff 100% lives up to its looks because I’ve been adding it to every grain bowl and salad in site and it has been delicious. I got mine at Sprouts along with the Sriracha Carrot kind (also amazing!!) but I want to try their other flavors, too! Hummus is the BEST.
Moon Deli Golden Turmeric – So if you haven’t seen Moon Deli floating around the wellness world yet, let me be the first to tell you that their powders are incredible. I have a few of their tonics, but the turmeric powder has made it especially easy to make those beautiful & tasty golden milk lattes that are all the rage these days. I simply add one teaspoon to a mug that’s filled with half hot water and half hot almond milk, plus a touch of stevia. It’s one of those things I just feel good drinking. And it goes back to my earlier point in that it’s easy on the eyes, too😉
Wanu Water – Hydration is unbelievably important to me (and admittedly not something I thought about until a few years ago, if I’m being honest!). I’m super conscious of having water by my desk always and drinking plenty before/during/after workouts. That being said, something plain ol’ water gets kind of boring…to me, at least. I avoid sugary drinks like artificially flavored waters or teas just because I know they have absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever, so when I find an alternative that’s flavorful but also is good for my body, I am IN. I’ve been absolutely loving wanu water since it’s infused with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and even fiber. It’s also sweetened with stevia and monk fruit without being sickly sweet like so many drinks out there! My favorite flavors are Kiwi Cucumber and Strawberry Serrano Lime. SO good, y’all!!
Okay, that’s all I’ve got for today, folks. Have you found anything awesome and delicious this month?! I’d love to hear!
I’m about to check out for the rest of the holiday weekend, but before I go, I wanted to share my gift guide for this year in time for Black Friday and all of the other crazy sales going on right now! I don’t know about you, but I’m seriously hoping to get allllll of my holiday shopping done this weekend. There are so many awesome gifts up there ^ that range in price points, so if you’re a #BabeOnABudget looking to treat another #BabeOnABudget (or yourself…or anyone else really…) I’d like to think of this gift guide under $75 as a good place to start 🙂
1. Snow Day Pajamas: Soooo I am kind of obsessed with pajamas, anyone else? No? …just me then? cool. Well, I saw these at Nordstrom and had to check them out. They are THE softest and so stinkin’ cute. I feel like pajamas are a great gift too, because you don’t have to worry about the perfect sizing (sometimes big/baggy is good!) and everyone could use ’em!
2. The Five-Minute Journal: If you’ve been reading my recent posts, you’ll know that this is definitely something I want to start using…most likely in 2018 since things are a little cray cray until then, y’know? I’ve heard such incredible things about journals like this – they promote positive thinking, goal-setting, and gratitude. Who doesn’t want more of that in their life?!
3. Knit Eye Mask: Another gift that would be cute. as. a. BUTTON. I also felt this little thing when I was checking out those pajamas ^ and if I didn’t already have a sleep mask, I would 100% buy this for myself (…or someone else because that’s what gift guides are for, right?). I truly believe that blocking out the light makes for a much better night’s sleep and giving the gift of sleep to someone might be the best thing you could give, tbh.
4. Corduroy Baseball Cap: How CUTE is this?! Baseball hats are super in right now and I am IN because hellooooo bad hair days and yet somehow hats make you look more put together. That’s a win-win in my book. I think this would be the perfect gift for a girlfriend or even like, your mom, y’know? If I thought mine wasn’t reading this right now, I’d probably order her one actually…
5. Donut Pan: Y’all. This blog is about donuts. That means that if you’re reading and don’t have a donut pan, or know someone that doesn’t, do them (or you) a massive favor and get on that stat. Food is more fun when it’s in the shape of a donut #letsbereal and you can essentially use this with any muffin recipe. It just looks more fancy 😉
6. Teapot Infuser: Tea is the ultimate wellness girl (or guy) beverage and a gorgeous teapot would make the perfect gift. If you paired this cute little thing with a box of seasonal cozy tea, that would be SO cute for anyone, even a coworker or something!
7. 52 Lists for Happiness Book: So a friend of mine gave me the original “52 Lists” book as a gift last spring when I was having a rough month, and it has legitimately been my favorite thing. I love going into this journal/book when I’m in need of some inspiration, a pick me up, or just taking a moment for self care because it’s super inspirational and instantly lifts my mood. Highlyyyyy recommend!!
8.Zella Ankle Leggings: So admittedly I don’t own a pair of Zella leggings, but I’ve felt them and heard sooooo many people rave about them. Like where else are you going to find gorgeous, squat-proof leggings for less than $95 these days?! I think the price point on these is stellar and the colors are super cute for a workout, or even just athleisure-ing around!
9. The Pretty Dish Cookbook: I’ve been following Jessica Merchant’s blog for probably 7 years now and am obsessed with every single thing she makes…not to mention her food photos are UNREAL. I think cookbooks are such a great gift to give to foodies and this one is packed with healthy, beautiful recipes!
10. Glitter Bomb Pink Stardust Water Bottle: This one’s for all you fitnessistas out there (and their friends) because a solid water bottle is a must for a complete gym bag! This one has to be the prettiest I’ve found in ages (that also doesn’t cost $45), and would be such a great add-on gift. If you’re going for a fitness theme, pair this with a yoga mat, pretty sports bra, or little gym bag and you’ll have a gift I am very, very jealous of.
11. No Drama Club Mug: I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t just order this mug today. I’m THE biggest fan of anything ban.do makes and this message/design just makes me smile. This would be the perfect gift for the cool-girl in your life – fill it with a bag of coffee beans or a super soft pair of socks for a super cute gift!
Alright my babes, that’s all for today. I’ve gotta get myself packed up and ready for a red-eye tonight 😉 I hope you have the most incredible Thanksgiving and if I haven’t told you lately, I am so beyond grateful to you for reading!! <3
Hey y’all! I’m currently freaking out over the fact that Thanksgiving (and my trip home!) is THIS week. So. Freakin’. PUMPED.
As you know, I recently moved in with the boy to a new apartment that I am absolutely loving. To me, moving into a new home means more than just having a new place to sleep. I’d like to think of it as almost a fresh start, a good time to set goals, and create new routines. Since I won’t be going from place to place each night anymore (not that I did that every single night, but you feel me), it’s been so much easier to get into a healthy morning and evening routine. I sort of had one already, but it’s been so wonderful being able to implement my old routine with some new elements on a more regular basis.
I think having an evening routine not only helps minimize things like the Sunday Scaries (which may happen on any given day of the week, let’s be real), or frantic mornings that result in forgetting a packed lunch or gym sneakers at home once you’ve already left for the day. I know I’ve definitely had days like that, but I want to give you some ideas so that you and I both can help prevent them, and in case you’re feeling like you need to get your sh*t together. *raises hand*
So here’s a list of the things I like to do each night (or as much as possible) that help me de-stress, sleep a little better, and head into the next day feeling more confident.
1. Make a to-do list for tomorrow – Okay y’all, this tip is #1 because it is my number one. Every single night I write down in my planner my schedule for the next day and anything I need to remember to do. This helps eliminate that late night panic that sets in when you think about all the things you need to do the next day but aren’t sure you’ll be able to do. If you’ve never felt this way, then I applaud you because man that is not a fun feeling. When you plan your day ahead of time, you can see that yes, you can in fact accomplish everything you need to and life is far more manageable than it seems when you’ve got eight thousand thoughts bouncing around in the darkness. It also makes it easy to not forget to a) pay your credit card bill or b) call your grandmother to wish her a happy birthday…just two examples of things that may slip your mind when you’re in the throes of a busy day.
2. Pack your bag for the next day – Whether it’s your gym bag, your backpack or your briefcase, get everything in there that you think you’ll need. Your plans can’t get derailed if you’re ready to go and it’s easier to space and forget your gym socks in the morning when you’re rushing than it is as night with a clear head. I like to make sure I’ve got my wallet ready (in case I took out my ID or any credit cards over the weekend to put in a clutch), my water bottle, a gym outfit, sneakers, and my laptop if I need it. I’ll also put any snacks in my purse that don’t need to be refrigerated, so that I don’t find myself hangry at the office in the afternoon and reaching for cheez-its that I don’t actually even like…know what I mean? Life is just so much easier when you can get up and get ready in the morning without running around like a crazy person.
3. Prep your breakfast & lunch – You’ve probably heard me say this before, but I’m a firm believer in packing a lunch every single day to save money and stay on track with my health goals. I don’t necessarily do a full meal-prep sesh on Sundays, but I do like to pack my lunch bag the night before so that it’s ready to grab and go before I head out the door. Usually I’ll mix some leftover from dinner with some veggies I’ve roasted, maybe a grain I’ve prepped like brown rice or quinoa, and a sauce like hummus. Additionally, since I now like to eat my breakfast at 9am when I get into the office, I may prep some overnight oats or a yogurt parfait the night before, too. I can assure that on days I don’t do my meal prep the night before, I most definitely find myself running late trying to put my tupperware together in the morning.
4. Pick your outfit – Okay have you ever been trying to fall asleep but can’t because you find yourself thinking of that absolute dumbest sh*t like what you’re going to wear the next day to work or school or dinner? Yep, guilty. It’s so frustrating because you literally just want to fall asleep but you’re thinking about something so silly, yet also essential. My remedy for this is simply to pick out your outfit either in your mind or physically lay it out on your dresser/in your closet before you even lay down to go to sleep. I know it seems like a quick no-brainer, but trust me, if you wake up in the morning and don’t know what the weather is or what you’re going to put on your body, you could waste 15 minutes staring at your clothes instead of getting on with your morning. Been. There.
5. Take a minute for yourself – This right here is a BIG one, my friends. I’m a firm believe in self-care because it’s really, really hard to pour from an empty cup. What I mean by that is if you spend all day working, and then maybe you go to the gym, or meet a friend for dinner, you haven’t actually had time to settle your mind. Have you ever gotten home from a dinner with friends at 10pm and even though you were exhausted before you met them, you’re too wired now to pass out? It’s because your brain is still going. Everyone has different ways they like to unwind, but some of mine include browsing Pinterest or watching one of my favorite tv shows with a cup of tea and a face mask on. Whatever you need to do for you, I think taking at least 15 minutes to do a mini re-set can be so valuable for heading into the next day with a rested mind and happy heart.
Okay enough about me, I want to know what your night routine is. Do you set your clothes out the night before or mini meal-prep, too? Let me know in the comments and have a wonderful rest of your week!