You guys I am SO excited to share this recipe with you today!!
I posted this plate on Instagram this past weekend and everyone seemed to go crazy over that scone and I can tell you it was for good reason😎 If you’re not usually a scone fan, I get it. They’re usually dry, and kind of the less-exciting version of a muffin, but I can promise you that these are nothing like that! They’re flavorful, bright, moist (sorry🙈) and could definitely hold their own next to a muffin!
The best part, though? They’re essentially made in a food processor…like YES PLEASE. The easier the better👏🏼 They’re also grain-free and gluten-free if you double check to make sure your oats are, plus they a far greater nutritional value than traditional scones thanks to the almond flour (that has protein!). Keep scrollin’ for the recipe!
Grain-Free Strawberry Scones
1 1/2 cups oat flour (just pulse oats in a food processor to make!)
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
4 tbsp cold butter, chopped
3/4 cup chopped strawberries
2 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, combine the oat flour (or oats), almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse in cold butter 4-5 times.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vanilla, honey, and eggs. Add to blender and pulse until just combined. Fold in strawberries.
- Using a spatula, put the batter on a piece of parchment paper into a flattened circle about 1 inch thick. Cover with another piece of parchment or plastic wrap and store in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After dough has set, preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and cut the dough into 8 triangles. It’ll be super sticky but using a spatula or flipper will help move the triangles about an inch apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until starting to brown. If adding the coconut sugar, remove the scones after 10 minutes, sprinkle on the sugar, then place back in the oven for another 5 minutes or so.
- Let cool completely (about 20 minutes) before moving or eating! They will probably crumble if you try to move them before that, so try to either be patient or just eat the pieces😊
And that’s it! Easy peasy, perfect for a weekend treat, brunch party, or picnic. I can’t wait to make other varieties of this!! Let me know in the comments if there are any other flavors you’d like to see😍
Also it’s MAY, already?! What even. Happy May!!!!