Alright y’all, we are finally back with a recipe👏🏻👏🏻
I’m not gonna lie to you, this is not completely *my* recipe. My mom actually discovered it from the Food Network and I just adapted it every so slightly! It’s dad and boyfriend approved, so you know it’s a good one😏
It’s also insanely easy and CHEAP. Cauliflower crust has been all the rage lately, and I do love that too, but it costs a pretty penny. This recipe gets even cheaper if you buy dried beans and soak them overnight, which is what I do because #BabesOnABudget
What I love most about it though, is that it has a bit more of a bread consistency (unlike the cauliflower crusts) and you can top it with absolutely anything. I think I might try to make a dessert pizza with it soon! Also just fyi, the texture of this crust is definitely on the drier side, so I definitely recommend eating it right away.
Chickpea Pizza Crust
1 can or 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
1 tbsp almond flour
1 tsp each salt + pepper
1 tsp each garlic + onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. *Be sure to spray the parchment paper with cooking spray, too!
- In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and pulse until smooth like a dough or thicker version of hummus.
- Using a spatula, transfer the dough onto the parchment paper and flatten into a circle that’s about 1 cm thick. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add desired toppings (I love this crust with a pesto base, mozzarella and mushrooms!
- Bake for another 10 minutes, remove from oven and serve immediately.
Let me know if you decide to make this!! It’s seriously so easy but SO good, aka what we’re all about over here😊
Have a great day!